Founder, Moms at Work and My Parental Leave
Since 2006, Allison has worked in Human Resources with a special interest in workplace accommodation, leave processing, and employee engagement. As a consultant, Allison was responsible for creating and developing comprehensive leave programs for both federally and provincially regulated employers. Her programs served tens of thousands of employees in areas from healthcare, non profit, tech, banking, construction and more. She’s worked with both unionized and non-unionized employers and has facilitated programming within organizations with representation from over 30 different unions.
Today Allison and her team are considered some of the few experts in Canada for parental leave program development and programming for both employees and employers.
In 2016, Allison developed Canada’s first program for women returning from mat leave which supported more than 350 mothers over two years. My Parental Leave is based on the success of that program and the need for more supports for all parents.
Today Allison is the Founder of Moms at Work – Canada’s largest network for working mothers. Moms at Work supports companies and individuals alike to create better engagement at work.
Work that we have done to change parental leave:
- Created Canada’s first national survey on women’s experiences during maternity leave
- Met with the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister to discuss childcare & EI changes during the pandemic
- Appointed to the EI roundtable with the federal government for changes to existing parental leave policy
- Speaker for organizations such as Scotiabank, CIBC, CPA Ontario, Communitech, Capital One
- A regular contributor on CBC, Metro Morning, The Current, Globe and Mail, Toronto Star,
My parental Leave is a trademarked program created from over 15 years of perfecting both content and policy for Canadian organizations.